Suspected Boko Haram attack kills at least three in northern Nigeria

By Editorial Board - 16 August 2015 at 5:02 pm

A suspected Boko Haram attack killed at least three people on Saturday when a suicide bomber detonated an explosive that was strapped to her body near a market in the northeaster State of Borno, Nigeria.

Borno State Police Commissioner Aderemi Opadokun said “three persons including the suicide bomber died on the spot. Corpses and injured victims evacuated to General hospital.” He had visited the scene telling Reuters the details via text message.

So far no one has claimed responsibility for the attack but it bares the hallmarks of being carried out by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.

Ishiaku Dawa, a resident who was helping to take victims to the hospital, told Reuters that the blast damaged two patrol vehicles and four bodies were sent to the hospital.

Opadokun informed Reuters that the attack occurred on Saturday morning in Ramirgo Village and that the victims were taken to the general hospital in Askira/Uba town in Borno state which is about 250 km south of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state.

Editorial Board

Editorial Board

Africa Times is an independent participative online news site for Sub-Saharan Africa. We aim to empower all African voices through publishing content by a range of people, from academics to bloggers. We are dedicated to bringing the world an African view on life, up-to-date African news and analysis.

Twitter: @_AfricaTimes

Leave a Reply